Josh began his music far from the keys of piano. At the early age of five with a ukulele in Riner, Virginia it all began! Soon Josh turned to guitar, bass, and keys. Basically, if it has strings or keys he can make a sound! You might also find Josh on drums, playing mandolin, and occasionally a tin can or cool recordable sound. He credits the ancient eight-track and family with his love for music. During junior high Josh played "Johnny Be Good" in a talent show and knew he was made for music. Eventually playing secular covers got old and Josh wanted to use this talent for God. So he teamed up with Brian and as they say the rest is history. You will catch Josh playing guitar, keys, and vocals with DecembeRadio.
Get to Know Josh Reedy
- When were you born, and where did you grow up?
I was born on August 22, 1981, in Radford, Virginia. I grew up in Riner, Virginia.
- Do you like animals? Tell us about your favorite pet (name, species, etc.).
I love animals! My favorite pet growing up was a black lab. Her name was Onyx, and she lived to be about 15 years old. I now have a little dog named Audrey, a puggle, and she's awesome and crazy!
- If your life flashed before your eyes, what would be the highlights?
My wedding day, fishing with my papa on Burks Fork, playing ball, golf, really any sport with my dad, summer days in my backyard feeding corn shucks to the cows, my first guitar(!), actually going to the Grammys, and being reassured everyday that God loves me.
- What was the year, make, and model of the very first car you ever owned? Did you have a name for it?
It was a 1990 Geo Prizm. Just sold it last year, had 220,000 miles on it, and as far as I know, it's still running! It was known to everyone as "The Geo."
- When did you first begin to play an instrument, and what was it? Name all the instruments you can play.
First instrument I ever played was a ukulele when I was about 2 or 3 years old. I dabble in many including, of course, bass. I can also play guitar, keys, and drums. I can pretty much get something out of any stringed instrument, mostly good, a few bad!
- If you were going to the movies, and there's the choice of a thriller, action adventure, comedy, horror, or romantic drama playing, which would you go see?
Hmmm . . . depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Usually I want to just laugh, so a comedy!
- What are your hobbies outside of music? Any sports or activities in which you love to take part?
I love to fish. Grew up trout fishing. Love my motorcycle, though I neglect it way too much. Love to play some BBall every now and then. Love baseball. Golf is a blast, but I stink! Xbox 360, hanging with my wife Rachel and my dog Audrey. Family is my fav.
- Choosing from the usual professional sports, (football, baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, NASCAR, etc.) which is your favorite? Who is your favorite team or player?
Right now I'm enjoying basketball. I'm a Cleveland Cavaliers fan and looking for LeBron and the boys to take it all the way! (May 2009)
- Give us the list of your favorite foods: desert, restaurant, fast food, on the road travel snack, and your overall favorite food.
Favorite desert: The Golden Nugget Fried Cheesecake at Longhorn Steakhouse!
Favorite restaurant: It's a toss-up but I'm gonna have to go with a place that isn't even in my own home town. I have developed a special place in my heart for rib joint down in Birmingham, Alabama, called Dreamland. They have probably the best banana pudding you'll ever eat.
Favorite fast food: The Animal Style Burger at In-N-Out Burger in California.
On the road travel snack: My favorite travel snack would have to be pretty much everything bad, especially chocolate, it's my weakness although I don't indulge often. I'll have to say Snickers on that one.
Favorite Overall Food: One of my favorite foods would most definitely be a nice juicy steak, medium rare....oh yeah, still mooing baby.
- When you're home, do you cook? If yes, what do you call your signature dish, and what's in it?
When I cook at home, it pretty much always involves the grill! I love cooking chicken, steak, ribs, potatoes, zucchini, and pretty much anything I can stick on there. I'll find a way to make it taste good. My signature is steak though. As far as in the kitchen? If there's directions, I'll try it!
- What's your most memorable on the road story?
On the Third Day Live tour, coming out to sing "Handle with Care" with Mac (Powell) and putting a crawfish in his face. He probably still thinks I'm weird!
- What is your favorite song to play in concert?
I know it was a hit, but I still love playing "Drifter". That song never loses.
- What is currently in your CD player/mp3 player?
Right now I've been spinning the latest Sugarland record Love on the Inside, also recorded at Southern Tracks mind you. Great songs, great record. Also, U2's new one No Line on the Horizon . . . it's growing on me, and Keith Urban's new one Defying Gravity.
- What is your favorite television program, and what makes it your favorite?
LOST!!! It's the craziest show I've ever seen . . . period.
- What is your first memory as a child?
I remember when I was about two, sitting on the floor watching Tom and Jerry cartoons.
- If you were lost on a deserted island what three things (not people) would you want with you?
Bible, guitar, gun.
- If you could travel back in time, to what time period would you go?
I would love to go back to the 1700's or 1800's and have a chance to wear one of those awesome white wigs, or go be a cowboy out west.
- For you, what is the best part about being in DecembeRadio?
Being able to do what I love with people I love. To be able to have an open canvas, and paint whatever picture comes to mind. For God to use me in whatever way He wants.